Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lovely WickedLovely Wicked by Kari Gregg

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Ever wish to have your cake and eat it too?  Ever fall in love with two different people and try to keep them both?  Mitch, Liv and Sam come together and one would think it's Liv that falls in love with both men.  That would be the wrong assumption.  Ms. Gregg turned it around with Mitch as the main character, wanting to have a love relationship with both Liv and Sam.  This perspective from a male with deviant sexual desires, chasing after two people was intriguing.  The sex scenes were intense and hot.  Flaming hot!  I wanted to jump my DH after reading each scene.

What I didn't expect was all the baggage Mitch carried.  Nor did I expect it to manifest in the way it did, without resolution.  Mitch is too softhearted despite his rugged construction worker persona.  Watching his heartbreak over his losses made my heart bleed a bit for him too.  Watching his relationship with Liv and Sam fall apart just about shattered my heart.  Ms. Gregg appears to have no compassion for her characters.  They never get a single break.  It's one bad incident after another.  At one point, I wanted to just kill myself to get over the sorrow for Mitch.

This is definitely not a HEA book.  It's a HFN and Ms. Gregg better write a sequel with a HEA for Mitch if she knows what is good for her.



No comments:

Post a Comment