Friday, June 17, 2011

Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I had been eagerly anticipating this book from Ms. Singh.  I was a bit apprehensive because I was afraid it was going to be a recycle of the other books.  Lately, many of the authors who write series, I can just swap out their book titles and character names and no one would know the difference.  In defense of these authors I cherish, it has to be difficult to bring something fresh each time, especially with building a world full of characters.  How does an author keep track?

I am happy to say, this is probably my favourite book for Ms. Singh.  This book felt more mature than her early books.  The pace was just right.  Nothing was glossed over.  For me, each scene was in the book to explain another scene or build up to an explanation or explosion.  There were no random sex scenes for the sake of putting sex in it.  Every little nugget revealed a back history or explained the changeling and psy world better. 

I've always liked Hawke.  He's just so hot.  I can understand his fears and Ms. Singh did a good job of showing why he's a bit messed up.  Sienna is one I've always been interested in too.  When she was a minor character, I kept wondering why she was such a threat.  Now she has her own story.  And wow does she pack a punch.  LOVE HER!  She's smart too.  I have to confess, I am biased where I love the smart people more.  The fact that she is also friends with other strong women is something I like about her too.  Her ties with her female cohorts to cause mischief just made me laugh.  Ms. Singh was so clear in her descriptions of their antics that I could see and hear the bar and dancing.

While Ms. Singh did follow the standard formula of hero or heroine struggles to be in a relationship, it works.  Her usage of this formula was delightful and I enjoyed this very romantic hunt and chase story.  I recommend this to people who love Alpha males.  I recommend it to people who love Alpha females.  Combine this with a happily ever after, it would be hard pressed for anyone not to enjoy this lovely story.

No comments:

Post a Comment