Saturday, June 18, 2011

Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2)Thorn Queen by Richelle Mead

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Dear Thorn Queen,



*******Warning Spoilers ***************
I'm aghast I waited so long to read your book.  It's amazing.  I liked this book better than the first.  Although, the first one was good.  I am truly puzzled why Kiyo was such a pussy.  Eugenia, you should never had been with him.  He basically has a baby mama.  WTF.  Leave him!  He's no good for you.  AND he won't defend you.  He doesn't understand your power nor is he strong enough for you.  He's pathetic.  He should be with the pussy Willow queen.


Eugenia, you are the STORM QUEEN.  Accept it.  So your father was cruel and evil, get over yourself.  you don't have to be.  I understand why you didn't like what Dorian did, but he is the better one for you.  He may have ulterior motives but it benefited you.  You were always missing a part of yourself.  Now you are whole, part of two different worlds.  He understands you AND he can protect his own.  This squeamishness from being ruthless is unbecoming and I tire of your whiny little confusions about being in two worlds.  You can do it.  If that pussy Kiyo could, so can you.  Learning control over your power is the only smart thing to do, otherwise you are just a loaded gun with no safety trigger in the hands of any person.  Suck it up and start behaving like a queen.  Kill that bitch of a queen who thought it was fine to have you raped multiple times a day for well over a week.  Kill them all.  Show them you shall be feared and you will not be treated with such lack of respect.  Make them fear you.


Roland is a disappointment.  Ignore him.  He can't accept you for who you are.  Remember, a true father of the heart will love a daughter as promising and just as you.  For him not to see how you are just, is his own blindness.  You don't need him.  You have outgrown him.


I loved watching you grow into the Queen you are becoming.  I can't wait to greet you again in the next chapter in your life.  Your powers are amazing and glorious.  I hope you also enjoy kinky BDSM sex with the delicious Dorian. 


I recommend this story to those who have been caught in between two worlds and try to fit in.  I recommend it to the women who want a book affirming that there is life after rape.  You don't need someone to save you; you can save yourself.  I recommend this to people who a heroine who can still kick ass even when she's down.

No comments:

Post a Comment