Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Anne McCaffrey is Dead

This is not what I wanted to read.  I cherished Ms. McCaffrey's books.  I still do.  I loved her Dragonrider series as most beloved series.  I did read her very first book - Restoree.  I remember thinking, wow!  I didn't realize it was published in 1967.  I read it when I was in my late teens. 

I first learned of Ms. McCaffrey's books through her dragon singer trilogy when I was in junior high.  7th grade to be exact...my school librarian, Mrs. Jeffries pointed me in that direction and I never looked back.  She was my favourite librarian who could recommend the best books for me.  It was a lovely new world I could escape into, away from my life.

Soon I read the Crystal Singer series in college and loved them.  They made me ache so badly.  I loved her flawed heroines who still strived to do the best the could do.  I loved pretty much every series I read of hers and could tell you what the book was about.  That is how memorable her books are to me.  For a person like me who has read a few thousands books, that is pretty impressive of her story lines.

While Ms. McCaffrey has passed away at the age of 85 on Nov. 21st, 2011, she leaves behind a legacy for future generations to enjoy.  I will miss new books from the talented Ms. McCaffrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment