Friday, July 15, 2011

Killing Time

Killing Time (Time, #2)Killing Time by Elisa Paige

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I LOVED THIS BOOK!  I wasn't sure what to expect.  I did like her previous books I purchased.  I never expected to receive a ARC of this one. I had been eagerly anticipating the release so I could buy it.  Back to my review. 



Killing time pulled me in from the very first chapter.  Ms. Paige did another outstanding job with her heroine, Sephti, also known as Nomad.  Sephti has all the qualities I like in a strong woman, just like Mia in Shadowplay.  There are many parallels in the way Sephti and Mia were raised.  For me, I enjoyed this.  The brutality of Sephti's childhood has my heart bleeding for her.  The strength and independence Sephti demonstrates is admirable.  I felt engaged and vested in Sephti's journey.  The one caution I would advise Ms. Paige is to designing all her heroine in the same manner of traumatic brutal upbringing.  Each of her heroines in the different books do have slightly different personalities.  Still, their pattern is eerily close.



The dynamic between Koda and Sephti was amusingly frustrating.  I really loved how clueless Sephti was in the human world.  Her depth of character made me fall for her very quickly.  Koda and his haughty manner made me want to kick his ass.  I'm glad he finally comes around.



What I like about this story is that bad things happen.  The good guys do not always win and live the next day to save us again.  This pain causes me to enjoy the book more since I feel more.  Killing Time takes place concurrent to the other books which is kind for me because it's like watching events from 4 different perspectives.  I like this because the world Ms. Paige built is more elaborate and complete.  What I like most is her characters are never perfect.  Even when you think something is going to go right, it doesn't always go exactly as planned.



I enjoyed Ms. Paige's interpretation of the fae world.  Her view of the vampire world has been lovely.  In this book, we learn of the Native American mythology.  I do not know much about Native American mythology but what Ms. Paige woven into her story gave me a huge respect for the culture.  I loved this aspect of the story.



There is only one item that confused me.  The last confrontation, how does that fit in the time line with Shadowplay?  I almost have to map out a diagram to figure it out correctly.  Still, I loved this book and I recommend it to everyone.  All of my friends and strangers alike.  There is romance, intrigue, love lost, battles won and lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment